This is a list of books that have helped me in my thinking and have helped me to over come low self-esteem. By click on them and you will be taken to Amazon. I will be adding other items from time to time.
1. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change (25th Anniversary Edition) : was an almost instant bestseller–and quickly became a permanent part of the cultural lexicon. With over 25 million copies sold worldwide in over 40 languages since its first publication, this book continues to help millions of readers become more effective in both their personal and professional lives.
2. Think and Grow Rich: The Landmark Bestseller–Now Revised and Updated for the 21st Century:
This has been called the “Granddaddy of All Motivational Literature.” It was the first book to boldly ask, “What makes a winner?” The man who asked and listened for the answer, Napoleon Hill, is now counted in the top ranks of the world’s winners himself.
The most famous of all teachers of success spent “a fortune and the better part of a lifetime of effort” to produce the “Law of Success” philosophy that forms the basis of his books and that is so powerfully summarized in this one.
3. Maximum Achievement: Strategies and Skills That Will Unlock Your Hidden Powers to Succeed: If you only have the time to read one book, this should be that one book. The techniques work and work fast you will learn how to enhance all areas of your life. Most other books repeat the same things, not Brian.
4. No Excuses!: The Power of Self-Discipline
In this great book Brian Tracy describes how you can use self-discipline to become a successful, “superior” person in 21 areas of your life.
5. Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want — Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible
This book is extraordinarily helpful in a number of ways. Brian Tracy points out the common pitfalls of goal-setting, the reasons behind them, and what to do about it. His 12-step program for setting goals is well-explained and easy to follow. He explains 8 ways to identify your special talents. The “6 P” Formula for business and personal success takes alliteration and turns into a useful tool. I have adopted his suggestion of writing down 10 goals per day for the next year (and then not looking back at the previous page!). The author predicts that 80% will have been achieved when I reflect back. I can hardly wait! I recommend that you obtain this book and apply the learning as well.
6. TurboCoach: A Powerful System for Achieving Breakthrough Career Success:
This is a must read. It gives a picture of where you are in your life and the change that is necessary. I highly recommend reading this book.
7. Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life: How to Unlock Your Full Potential for Success and Achievement: This is a must read. It gives a picture of where you are in your life and the change that is necessary. I would recommend this to family and friends.
8. The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Follow Them and People Will Follow You (10th Anniversary Edition): This is a must have book to have in general. One never knows when the right business opportunity comes along until it’s there and if your not ready for it, it will move on to the next person in line. This is a great book for managers, manager trainees, public speakers, and those looking to take public office. But in today’s economy, this is the perfect book for everyone because it explains and tells you what you need to do to get to the next level personally. Building leadership qualities in yourself makes you more marketable and will bring you more opportunities in life.
9. Be a People Person: Effective Leadership Through Effective Relationships: I love this book and highly recommend it to those who not only love to read, but those whom see more bad than good in not only themselves but others as well.
10. Developing the Leader Within You: Maxwell has several leadership books out there are excellent for personal leadership development as well as for teaching. Developing the Leader Within You has some great types. This book as well as Developing the Leaders Around You, also by Maxwell, are a great compliment to your leadership library. With this copy you get developing the leader within you and developing leaders around you,both great books.
11. Everyone Communicates, Few Connect: What the Most Effective People Do Differently
A must read book, we communicate but I had no idea that connecting with people would make such a difference!