Quotes help to inspire and motivate individuals to achieve goals that they otherwise would not aspire to, the outline below are 26 quotes that have helped me in my quest to be the best that I can be.
Here are the 26 quotes that I live by:
1. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts” Winston Churchill
2. “Continuous effort – not strength or intelligence – is the key to unlocking our potential”. Winston Churchill
3. “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much”. Jim Rohn: My Philosophy For Successful Living
4. ” Either you run the day or the day runs you”. Jim Rohn The Art of Exceptional Living
5. “Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you”. Thomas Jefferson
6. “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind. “Bernard M. Baruch
7. “So be sure when you step, Step with care and great tact. And remember that life’s A Great Balancing Act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed) Kid, you’ll move mountains.” Dr. Seuss,
8. “Dare to Be, When a new day begins, dare to smile gratefully. When there is darkness, dare to be the first to shine a light. When there is injustice, dare to be the first to condemn it.
When something seems difficult, dare to do it anyway. When life seems to beat you down, dare to fight back. When there seems to be no hope, dare to find some. When you’re feeling tired, dare to keep going.
When times are tough, dare to be tougher. When love hurts you, dare to love again. When someone is hurting, dare to help them heal. When another is lost, dare to help them find the way. When a friend falls, dare to be the first to extend a hand.
When you cross paths with another, dare to make them smile. When you feel great, dare to help someone else feel great too. When the day has ended, dare to feel as you’ve done your best.
Dare to be the best you can –At all times, dare to be! Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free.
9. “Anyone whose goal is ‘something higher’ must expect someday to suffer vertigo. What is vertigo? Fear of falling. No, Vertigo is something other than fear of falling. It is the voice of the emptiness below us which tempts and lures us, it is the desire to fall, against which, terrified, we defend ourselves.” Milan Kundera, The Unbearable Lightness of Being: A Novel
10. “Sometimes life knocks you on your ass… get up, get up, get up!!! Happiness is not the absence of problems, it’s the ability to deal with them.” Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
11. “If you care about what you do and work hard at it, there isn’t anything you can’t do if you want to.” Jim Henson, It’s Not Easy Being Green: And Other Things to Consider
13. ” Lost time is never found again “ Benjamin Franklin.
14. “There is only one way to succeed in anything, and that is to give it everything. I do, and demand that my players do” Vince Lombardi.
15. “Leaders aren’t born, they are made. They are made by hard effort, which is the price which all of us must pay to achieve any goal which is worthwhile” Vince Lombardi.
16. ” Success is having a flair for the thing that you are doing; knowing that is not enough, that you have got to have got to have hard work and a sense of purpose” Margaret Thatcher.
17. “Disciplining yourself to do what you know is right and important, although difficult, is the highroad to pride, self-esteem, personal satisfaction” Margaret Thatcher.
18. ” Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful” Albert Schweitzer.
19. “The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and the great devotions, and spend himself in a worthy cause/ who at the best knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement; and who at the worst if he fails; at least fails to dare greatly” Theodore Roosevelt.
20. ” For better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure. than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat” Theodore Roosevelt.
21. ” I have learned that success is to be measured not as much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has had to overcome while trying to succeed” Booker T. Washington.
22. ” Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work” Booker T. Washington.
23. ” Power is of two kinds. One is obtained by the fear of punishment and the other by acts of love. Power based on love is a thousand times more effective and permanent than the one derived from fear of punishment” Mahatma Gandhi.
24. ” When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us” Helen Keller
25. ” All the adversity I’ve had in my life, all my troubles have strengthened me…You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you” Walt Disney.
26. ” The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand”